With Tuna Salad That is.
Here is a twist on Tuna Salad the is very refreshing instead of the old gloppy mayonaise way. Now, I do not use exact measurements on things...so I will do my best to share this with you.
- 2 cans of Albacore White Chunk Tuna in Water
- 1 (or 2 if you are feeding a bigger crowd) of Garbanzo Beans~Chickpeas
- 1/4 of a Purple Onion Thinly Sliced
- A good hard Italian Cheese (Parmesan, Asiago, Fontinalla)
- Fresh Italian Flat leaf parsley
- Fresh Basil
- the juice of one lemon
- Olive oil
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- Organic Baby Greens (a mix, or I love this with just Arugula..)
- Avocado ~ OPTIONAL
- 2 organic brown eggs boiled ~ OPTIONAL
Drain your tuna and place in a mixing bowl, drain and rinse your chickpeas and place in bowl. Add your thinly sliced purple onion. To taste add as much lemon juice you would like (I use a whole lemon) Drizzle with Olive oil. ( you don't want it to be drowning, but not dry either) Add a couple of chiffoned basil leafs in, and chop a few leafs of flat Italian leaf parsley in. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well
Place a hand full of greens on a center of a plate.
Add tuna mixture, then shave some Italian hard cheese on top.
Serve with slices of boiled eggs and Avocado.