Positive thinking isn't denial; it's the accurate realization that we don't know everything and therefore, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...

What is all the talk about?

16 (1) 4th of July (2) abortion (2) Amelia Earhart (1) americana (4) Angel (9) art (3) Aunt Gloria (1) autumn (1) baseball (1) bathroom (1) Beach (1) beagle (3) Bible (3) Birthday (6) blogging (1) Breast Cancer (2) bugs (1) Cardinals (1) Christmas (6) Christopher (22) chubby hubby (7) circus (1) city museum (2) Courage (1) cows (1) crow (1) Cry (1) dance (3) dandelion (1) death (7) DeSoto (8) Dirty Dishes (3) doll (3) Doxie (1) Easter (4) ebay (24) ebay primitive doll (4) ER (1) Faith (7) field trip (1) first born (2) First day of school (6) Fishing (1) flute (2) food (20) foodtography (16) fresh (11) friends (1) funny (1) gabby (38) garden (6) Global warming (1) Going green (2) Grandma (4) grandpa (5) Grants Farm (1) halloween (27) History (1) homecoming (3) hot (1) Humor (9) Italy (1) Joyce Meyers (1) kitchen (1) Kosmo (4) Life (4) Lion (1) me (30) Michael (2) Missouri (2) nanna (1) Parenting (3) paris (1) party (2) patriotic (4) pattern (1) Pay it forward (1) Photography (30) pilgrim (1) planned parenthood (1) pool (1) potty (2) prayer (2) primitive (4) Primitive doll (31) primitive dolls (15) Pumpkin (7) quote (1) Rabbit (2) salad (1) sand (1) Santa (1) scarecrow (1) school (1) Seb (2) senior session (3) smoking (2) snow (2) snowgal (2) Snowman (7) Soccer (1) Sophia (29) St. louis (6) st. patricks day (3) star spangled banner (1) suga buga (4) summer (2) Susan G. Komen (1) testimony (3) Thanksgiving (3) the Word (11) Tomato (2) True Stories (5) truth (11) tuna (1) Vault (6) Vineland Elementary (2) Wal-mart (1) watermelon (2) winter (7) wish (1) witch (13) Wizard of Oz (2) You Tube (3) zoo (1)

Friday, January 30, 2009

Conversation With a Pre-Teen

Christopher: Mom, can I have a cell phone?

Mom (me): Why do you need a cell phone?

Christopher: "cause everyone else has one

Mom (me): How Many is "everyone"?

Christopher: Like, 20

Mom (me): that is not everyone

Christopher: c'mon

Mom (me): Well, i am not buying it, if you want it you need to do summer school to get your 100 dollars (our district has a summer camp for kids and they can earn up to a hundread dollars)

Christopher: You promised me I did not have to go to summer school.

Mom (me): you don't..but if you want a cell phone you have to buy it yourself

Christopher: Well, Why do you have one?

Mom (me): In case I go out and have car problems, or if I am not home and you are at school and they can get a hold of me.

Christopher: When you were a kid how old where you when you got a cell phone?

Mom (me): FIRST OFF, THEY DID NOT HAVE CELL PHONES WHEN I WAS A KID..secondly I just got one 2 years ago, Besides you can't use your phone at school, they will take it away. who are you going to call?

Christopher: well, when I get home I can use it.

Mom (me): Christopher, it will cost you a dollar just to use it, and if they don't have an AT&T cell phone it will cost you a 1$ for every 10 minutes, just use the home phone to call your friends.

Christopher: Uh, well, what if you forgot your cell phone and you had car problems ..and uh, and I was with you, you could use mine...

Mom (me): Christopher..if you want a cell phone YOU BUY IT

Christopher: BUT MOM..UH

Mom (me): That is it..I am done...Go
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...