Positive thinking isn't denial; it's the accurate realization that we don't know everything and therefore, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...

What is all the talk about?

16 (1) 4th of July (2) abortion (2) Amelia Earhart (1) americana (4) Angel (9) art (3) Aunt Gloria (1) autumn (1) baseball (1) bathroom (1) Beach (1) beagle (3) Bible (3) Birthday (6) blogging (1) Breast Cancer (2) bugs (1) Cardinals (1) Christmas (6) Christopher (22) chubby hubby (7) circus (1) city museum (2) Courage (1) cows (1) crow (1) Cry (1) dance (3) dandelion (1) death (7) DeSoto (8) Dirty Dishes (3) doll (3) Doxie (1) Easter (4) ebay (24) ebay primitive doll (4) ER (1) Faith (7) field trip (1) first born (2) First day of school (6) Fishing (1) flute (2) food (20) foodtography (16) fresh (11) friends (1) funny (1) gabby (38) garden (6) Global warming (1) Going green (2) Grandma (4) grandpa (5) Grants Farm (1) halloween (27) History (1) homecoming (3) hot (1) Humor (9) Italy (1) Joyce Meyers (1) kitchen (1) Kosmo (4) Life (4) Lion (1) me (30) Michael (2) Missouri (2) nanna (1) Parenting (3) paris (1) party (2) patriotic (4) pattern (1) Pay it forward (1) Photography (30) pilgrim (1) planned parenthood (1) pool (1) potty (2) prayer (2) primitive (4) Primitive doll (31) primitive dolls (15) Pumpkin (7) quote (1) Rabbit (2) salad (1) sand (1) Santa (1) scarecrow (1) school (1) Seb (2) senior session (3) smoking (2) snow (2) snowgal (2) Snowman (7) Soccer (1) Sophia (29) St. louis (6) st. patricks day (3) star spangled banner (1) suga buga (4) summer (2) Susan G. Komen (1) testimony (3) Thanksgiving (3) the Word (11) Tomato (2) True Stories (5) truth (11) tuna (1) Vault (6) Vineland Elementary (2) Wal-mart (1) watermelon (2) winter (7) wish (1) witch (13) Wizard of Oz (2) You Tube (3) zoo (1)

Friday, September 19, 2008

Just food For thought!

Well, just wanted to write you and let you know that I appreciate all of the kind words and prayer..we are getting caught up on everything and it feels great! The whole fam came down with a nasty bug..I think it all stemmed from allergies to the fall ragweed.
I have been working on Halloween stuff like crazy!! just been sewing up a storm it seems, but not really getting anything completely finished. I have even made a Christmas Item..
Here are some pulled beef tostada..I made these about a month back..with some mexican rice and pinto beans..pico da gallo..and some quacamole of course...everything from scratch (including the chips and tostadas!). I love to cook! and I think I like to eat more then I cook :)



Before I started making dolls cooking was my first passion of expression. I think cooking and serving food to others is such an expression of love that you can't say with words. I have always felt that sharing a meal with others is such an intiement moment. Where we can all come together sit down, converse and share thoughts while savoring wonderful flavor..most of which comes from just simple things such as fresh herbs...Vegtables, along with a pinch of salt and pepper


When I did start making dolls alot of the cooking got put on the back burner and we turned to good ole sandwiches most nights. But here lately I just find cooking so relaxing! Just the other night I made my own home lasagna noodles..and ragu from scratch..now that took a long time~~but worth the bonding from rolling out the noodles with the girls!
Here is to a meal with your family this weekend!
Heidi
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...